Sunday, October 16, 2005

A 'Natural' Question?

Long since I started believing that the basis of the Universe is love, a fundamental question arose in my mind again and again: Why do people suffer? and this turns into a more pertinent question when I see that the suffering is a direct result of nature's fury.

Either we have a 'Mother' called 'Nature' who is both loving and furious or her love manifests at times as 'fury'. If love and love alone is the fundamental basis of the creation, none of the explanations satisfy my heart and make me understand why suffering exists in this world. 'Law of Karma' that defines the process of our life as a reflection, reaction and resound, the 'Law of Non Dualism(Adwaitam)' that emphasises the role of the 'One' who is responsible for everything seem to some how contradict each other.

After pondering for a long time, after asking this question so many times, I just wonder if we have enough insight into the way the universe works. If this world with all its glory and suffering is rooted in 'Love' then there is something that we missed all the way..!

3 comments:

RP said...

Jagpa,

Initially I did not have any time to check others blogs but now yep I am keeping track of everything. Nice blogs. Nice writings. Good one dude.

Well maintained.

Rp.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pawan,

Your blog is just a treat to read. Excellent work with superb English. All of us here in Richmond read your blog from time to time. Keep it up

Sanju

JP said...

Thank You Brothers!