Thursday, December 02, 2004

After 7 days!

'Time is flying'.. i cant believe that this is the last month of 2004. I came to Germany in April and i donot know how this happened.. but it was one of the most eventful years of my life..

I recollect the major events this year and the manner in which they moulded my life...

2004 :

January: I attended the visa interview at the German Embassy in Delhi..
My 25th Birthday

Feb : I went to Germany Embassy every monday and friday to see if my visa had been approved.. Met many of my family members after a long time in Radhi's(cousin) marriage..

Mar : Received a communication from the Embassy that my visa would be issued soon.. Mom n Dad were pretty happy.. but were little worried that I am going without a scholarship..

Apr : Landed in Germany.. in the beautiful town of Goettingen and met my German Prof.

May : Started living in a different world than the one I knew before.. the world created by Germans.. Aquired a mastery on the prices of vegetables in different super markets..

Jun : Time FLEW. I got selected for the Graduate School in Statistics, Goettingen. Went to the Afro Asian Meeting at the Mahatma Gandhi House in Goettingen.. I was also invited to talk about India sometime in future..

Jul : Created the Yahoo Group 'Suryavamsham' ..for my family members..(around 80 in number).. Many cousins abroad appreciated this idea.. as this brought us in touch with each other once again..!

Aug : Selected for two Scholarships: Goettingen University's and the Max Planck Institute's.

Sep : Joined the Max Planck Institute .. Shifted from Goettingen to Jena... The institute is in a beautiful setting and the experience of being here is simply 'FANTASTIC'

Oct : Simultaneously joined the Graduate School in Statistics in Goettingen;but I continue living in Jena and doing my work at the Max Planck Institute.

Nov : Got my 'DELL' Laptop ..Started getting up early in the morning ..the German WAY..! Met Muktieshwar the only other telugu fellow in Jena..

Dec : Christmas time.. Lets see ..

This year saw the most cherished dream of mine fructifying.. the dream of pursuing research in Economics .. I thank my God a billion times for making a dream turn into a real experience..!


No comments: