Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The German Public Transport!

The first day I was surprised when I saw the train coming exactly on time and the bus coming exactly at 7.11 AM to the local bus stop. It took me quite some time to digest this..Having come from a country where the public transport network knows everything other than punctuality and being hypnotised into thinking that public transport couldnot be any better any where in the world, getting surprised was normal. Even within small towns they have exact time of the bus/tram coming to each of the bus stops! I'm impressed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too would be surprised if public transportation showed up on time. Two or three minutes late more likely, and five or more is not impossible.

JP said...

Are you talking about US?

Anonymous said...

No. Germany.

My train was 10, no 20, no 30, no... 35 minutes late this morning!