Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Berlin Trip

I went to Berlin on Wednesday. I wish to narrate something very interesting that happened on thursday morning. I had to catch two underground trains for getting to the Embassy, the journey in the 2nd one a little longer than the first one.

When I was in the second metro train, there was a mass exodus of all the passengers at one of the stations before my destination. I thought this could be a very important place which has all the factories of Berlin! In 30 seconds the doors of the train normally shut down and the trains zoom ahead. With three more stops to my station I was sitting in comfortably, yet I was pretty uncomfortable seeing that there is not a single soul other than me left in the train..

suddenly.. as the doors were about to shut.. one of the many co-passengers( i could make out.. she was not a German) came running and shouted... GET DOWN ..GET DOWN.. I jumped out and asked her whats the matter.. she told me that because of some damn problem everyone has to get down there and catch a bus for the next leg of the journey. I had very little time left for getting to the Embassy and I could see the metro train leaving for a maintenance shed somewhere down...

Just imagine where I would have been if I continued sitting the train.. ha ha.. the maintenance SHED!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey jagpa,
That was really a good one... Your foto is also good. No change at all....
ck

Anonymous said...

Maybe that ws God's way of telling u that u needed urgent maintenance,in the upper chamber... :-)

-Love u,Rosy.