Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The First Football Match

Yesterday, I went to play football for the first time in Germany. Everyone, except me, was in shorts. I was unanimously chosen as a goal keeper by my team. Thanks to my best efforts the other team made eight wonderful goals. We had five goals to our credit at the end.

What struck me in particular is how everyone tried to be professional even though it was a mundane match. They wore perfect dresses. They fell and cried perfectly when they fell during the course of the match. It was after three years that I was running on a playground. The last time I remember playing was as the captain of our basket ball team at my university in India.

I was totally exhausted (and I liked the feeling). The Saale river with all the greenery around near the ground made it look beautiful.

Life is a play
and you have a say..

Enjoy it as you lay
under the sky so gray

Make love and happiness your way
Deep in them
Resolute as you stay..

Life is a play
and you have a say!

1 comment:

JP said...

I too remember those matches Saka and I still dont know how our team won the first two matches(without the great RP)!