Monday, August 15, 2005

Gerhard Schroeder in Jena

Today, the Chancellor of Germany, Herr. Gerhard Schroeder was here in Jena for campaining for the elections that are scheduled to be held next month. I also went to the marketplatz to see him speak...(haha.. i would nt understand what he was saying anyway.. so I went there to see him speak..). There were three speakers before him but when Schroeder took over the podium, there was a huge uproar. I went there only to see this great human.. his personality spoke of his greatness and I felt impressed. He made people laugh, applaud, agree with most of the things he spoke. The huge crowd in the city centre made me feel as though I was in the age when the mighty Roman Empire existed and learned men of the city assembled in the Market Place to make decisions about the governance!

After his talk got over, everyone dispersed and I met Andre and Ingrid who were on their way to having a dessert. I joined them and enjoyed the ice-cream and came back to my office..:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JP, you can see my comments at http://www.elmada.com/archives/000565.html

And you can see my SPD Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/elmada/sets/760254/

Adam