Sunday, November 27, 2005

ICE and Cologne


I had to go to Cologne the other day. Naidu(a parthi classmate of mine) lives there and I met him after almost two years. Incidentally, it was also the 80th birthday of Sai Baba and we both went to the Sai Organisation in Bonn for bhajans in the evening. For the first time I travelled at a speed of 320 Kms/hr on ground. The Inter-City Express International going from Frankfurt till Amsterdam covered the distance between Frankfurt Airport and Cologne(197 Kms) in 57 minutes. The breath-taking speed and the picturesque landscape made for a heavenly combination that left me thrilled. Normally the ICEs touch a speed of 160 Kms an hour, but this one was an exception! 

10 comments:

RP said...

oh! you met veera? H is he? Convey my regards to him when ye see/talk to him the next time...
It must have been a gr8 fun time to have travel a gr8 speed.

JP said...

sure RP.. we both talked n talked without caring for time.. Naidu was a good host and dropped me at the station the next morning. Today he is having a seminar presentation.

kk said...

hay jugpa! this is cheating...you came to Köln and did not even tell me!! I am only an hours distance away from Köln!
KK

JP said...

Hey KK..

I never knew that Siegen is only an hour away .. now the next time I am not going to repeat this miskate ;-)

saka said...

Nice to know that u still attend Bhajans :-)

JP said...

Haha.. saka this was the first time i attended after leaving parthi ;-)

Anonymous said...

Cologne.. Köln as in German, is a nice city with friendly people...unlike Jena which we hear is much more conservative.
Cologne is also famous for it´s carnival in Feb, to mark the end of winter. Hope we meet up more often.

JP said...

Naidu.. you had been a great host. Thanks for your warm hospitality and for coming to the railway station to receive me and also to see me off..I will definitely try to come again.

You should also come to Jena and check for yourself whether it really is conservative!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jagpa,
Great to hear abt ur cologne experience. how is naidu. Haven't heard from for long.and even u ..never turn up on chat ..busy with ur research work??

JP said...

Hey CK.. great to hear from u. naidu is doing good and i hope we chat sometime..how are you doing and whats news up there?