Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Interviews

Today for the first time I interviewed students to hire research assistants for myself and for our group. My heart wanted to ensure that the students feel comfortable and relaxed. Possibly I was imagining myself being there in their shoes or I was behaving the way I wished someone interviewed me. We humans are undeniably sensitive to the fact that we have many things in common.

Being on the uncommon side of the table, I could gauge the minds of people whom it seperated. One mind concious of opportunity, the other looking for a productive colleague. One trying to impress, the other making judgement about the impressions. Each attempting to explore the other and the possiblity of profitable fructification from a potential wedlock. Few minutes, intricate yet simple questions, insightful answers, 'biased or unbaised' opinions that lead to decisions.

2 comments:

RP said...

Japs
Nice to know that you have attained the position to interview. Really happy for you.
And it is indeed a gr8 blessing for the candidates that someone thinks & tries to make them comfortable.

Continue your good work, dude.

JP said...

Hey RP.. i am sure you will also be kind to the people you will interview!! Remember taking me in your Basket Ball team?