Thursday, April 21, 2005

Goettingen

I went to Goettingen on last saturday(I was supposed to go on Monday of this week.. but i decided in favour of a weekend in Goettingen).No one recognised me in Goettingen, thanks to my short hair these days!

I strolled by the city centre ..went to the most famous ice-cream shop and had 'Göttinger' and 'Stagacella'. Umesh invited me for dinner and what a wonderful cook he is! Shravan(he recently completed his PhD at Goettingen and is going to Zurich for a post-doc) also came and joined us. It was Kabuli Channa curry with puris and rice and sambar.. fantastic home food!

On sunday i stayed at my Office in Goettingen (this sunday was no different) and did some work.On monday I met Klasen over the lunch we discussed as usual about indian politics and economy and MY FIELD TRIP. He told that Prof. Amartya Sen, (the only Indian to have received a nobel in Economics and Klasen's mentor) is coming to Goettingen in July. He is being awarded an Horonary Doctorate by the Goettingen University. I felt thrilled thinking that the same university is going to give me also a Doctorate one day.. Ha Ha!

On tuesday I attended Klasen's lecture on MicroData and Household Surveys and the rest of the time was wiled away doing something or nothing.. in the evening i spoke to mom and dad online. Dad told that he may come to Paris and Milan on an official trip in may.I jumped with joy.. 'Holiday time when he is here'. I went back to the hotel and hit the sack pretty early as I was dead tired..

Wednesday morning I went to get a new Dell Laptop from the Centre for Statistics. The new one is simply beautiful..its colour is metallic brownish gray and the system is brand new! After installing some additional software in it I got into the train and came back to Jena in the evening.

No comments: